In the two weeks from September 23 to October 6, 2019:
- The American Academy of Family Physicians considered two resolutions pertaining to aid in dying.
- Maine media reported on the first weeks of implementation of the Maine Death with Dignity Act.
- “With two years to live, she took a Harley across the U.S. to spread awareness of ovarian cancer,” Bangor Daily News, 10/3/2019
- “Maine’s ‘death with dignity’ law is in effect. Here’s how the rollout is going,” Bangor Daily News, 10/4/2019
- “Fritz Jenkins: Support Rieser’s ‘compassionate choices’ bill” The Cap Times, 9/24/2019
- “Sharon Gaskill: Death with dignity should be an option,” Madison.com, 9/30/2019
- “Dr. Robert Sander: Why I support medical aid in dying as an option for terminally ill patients,” The Cap Times, 10/1/2019
Around the U.S.
- Colorado: “Colorado assisted suicide fight headed back to state court,” Sentinel Colorado, 10/4/2019
- Massachusetts: “Letter: Aid in dying bill deserves support,” Worcester Telegram, 9/25/2019
- Minnesota: “I have ALS. Could my fellow Minnesotans please allow me a dignified death with the End of Life Options Act?” Minneapolis Star-Tribune, 9/24/2019
- New Jersey: “Aid-in-Dying Requires a Deeper Look From Lawmakers,” New Jersey Law Journal, 9/29/2019
- Ohio: “Terminally ill mom’s challenge to daughter: Bring aid in dying to Ohio,” Cincinnati.com, 9/29/2019
- Washington: “Everyone should make own choice on assisted suicide,” Everett Herald, 9/29/2019
- “Aid in Dying Debate Reignites at AAFP,” Medscape, 9/25/2019
- “What’s a ‘good death’? It’s not quite the peaceful drifting off I’d imagined for my dad.” Washington Post, 9/29/2019
- “Assisted Suicide Case About Doctor Fired From Catholic Health Network Challenges Religious Freedoms,” Newsweek, 10/3/2019
- “Catholic Provider Must Defend Aid-in-Dying Ban in State Court,” Bloomberg Law, 10/4/2019