In the two weeks from July 1 to July 14, 2019:
- The Hawaii health department released a 6-month report on the use of the state’s new death with dignity law, the Our Care, Our Choice Act.
- The California Department of Public Health released the 2018 report on the use of the End of Life Option Act. Learn more →
- “‘Like A Christmas Present’: Hawaii’s Medical Aid In Dying Law Eased Patient’s Anxiety,” Honolulu Civic Beat, 7/1/2019
- “Hawaii Department of Health releases 6-month progress report on Our Care, Our Choice Act,” KITV Island News – ABC, 7/1/2019
- “8 Hawaii patients obtain aid-in-dying prescriptions; 2 take action,” Honolulu Star-Advertiser, 7/2/2019
- “State says 8 patients have qualified for medical aid-in-dying option,” Hawaii Tribune Herald, 7/2/2019
Around the U.S.
- “Aid in Dying Soon Will be Available to More Americans. Few Will Choose It,” New York Times, 7/8/2019
- Colorado: “Ben Walburn: All the Time in the World,” Colorado Cancer Blogs, 7/2/2019
- Maine: “Maine Voices: Death with dignity gives patients the opportunity to end life on their own terms,” Portland Press Herald, 7/3/2019
- Massachusetts: “Should Mass. pass legislation to allow physician-assisted suicide?” Boston Globe, 7/11/2019
- Pennsylvania: “Guest Column: Why assisted-physician death should be legal,” Daily Times, 7/7/2019