In the week from January 22 to January 28, 2018:
- Death with dignity bills were introduced in Hawaii, Ohio, and Rhode Island.
- The California legislature held a hearing on the implementation of the state’s End of Life Option Act.
- “Legislative committee to take up California’s right-to-die law,” San Jose Mercury News, 1/24/2018
- “California’s right-to-die law is working but challenges remain,” San Jose Mercury News, 1/24/2018
- “Patients seeking “death with dignity” face drug price-gouging,” CBS News, 1/25/2018
- “Senator Tavares Announces Death With Dignity Bill,” Ohio Senate, 1/23/2018
- “Columbus lawmaker’s proposal would allow physician-assisted suicide in Ohio,” Columbus Dispatch, 1/23/2018
- “As Doctors Drop Opposition, Aid-In-Dying Advocates Target Next Battleground States,” Kaiser Health News, 1/26/2018
- Indiana: “Bloomington representative authors death with dignity bill,” Indiana Daily Student, 1/26/2018
- West Virginia: “Kingwood woman lobbying for new statute,” The Dominion Post, 1/27/2018
Featured image by Elena.